Underwood University’s MBA program is designed to enable our diverse student body to advance in their careers by developing professional leadership, and strategic and creative thinking skills, while taking into account the ever-changing global business environment. Students enrolled in this program learn to critically analyze information to solve high-level problems and master new business practices, theories and competencies.
This Master of Business Administration degree program is a 42 credit-hour program (30 hours of MBA core and 12 hours of electives) designed to give students the knowledge, skills and decision-making ability to accelerate their careers in the fields of business or management. The program culminates in a capstone, which incorporates the knowledge attained in the classroom applied to a real-life business experience.
Upon completion of the program, our MBA graduates are competent in the following:
- Leadership and Teamwork – exercise appropriate leadership, value diverse perspectives and skills, and work collaboratively to accomplish organizational goals in a changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking and Acting – create, identify, assess, shape, and act on opportunities in a variety of contexts and organizations.
- Social, Environmental, and Economic Responsibility – make decisions based on an awareness of relevant stakeholders, ethical considerations, and an attempt to create and sustain social, environmental, and economic value.
- Functional Depth with Integrative Ability – deep functional knowledge and multiple functional skills and perspectives concurrently to shape comprehensive responses to business challenges and opportunities.
- Managing in a Global Environment – recognize and evaluate global opportunities while incorporating cultural context and complexities associated with managing in a global environment.
Our program incorporates critical career-building tools throughout the curriculum. Therefore, every course, special program and resource focuses on helping students acquire the professional tools they need to advance their careers now and in the future.
Suggested Course Sequencing
Students are required to have a consultation with an advisor in planning their course of study, selecting courses each semester to meet the program and curriculum requirements, and meeting individual goals. The following suggested course sequencing is provided as recommended courses over three semesters to meet the program requirements and complete the program within two years of full time enrollment. An individual student’s course plan may differ, if in consultation with the advisor, alternate courses are selected to complete the program requirements. Those courses must be approved for the curriculum, as documented in this Catalog.